Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Homekit sharing - Philips Hue

Hi,

I'm currently implementing my new Philips Hue bridge version 2 with Homekit support.

Everything is working very nice on my iCloud account on all my devices. iPad, iPhone and apple watch.

So I would like to share my homekit device with my girlfriend. No problem because you can share

it either via Homekit in settings or via the Hue app.

When the invitation is send and she accepts we still get the respons from siri that she can't find any

devices. We tried resetting everything, reinstalling the app but all with the same results.

Is this still a bug or did I overlook something?

Thanks for your help!

Kind regards,

Georges

iPhone 5c, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 12:34 PM

1 reply

Feb 16, 2016 5:53 AM in response to GeorgesVDR

I had the same problem with our Hue / Homekit installation. The solution that worked for me is this: Make a working installation on one device (in my case a iPhone6 and set it all up including enabling siri voice commands in the Hue app). Next, in installation>homekit on this 'master' device, sent an invite to the other user on his @icloud.com address, this one is important, do not use the @me.com address. For some reason it only works with the @icloud.com address. Then the other user is also able to execute siri voice commands to the Hue. Works flawlessly.

Success.

Homekit sharing - Philips Hue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.