Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to connect my satmap device by usb but can't find it, where should it be?

I have connected my SatMap device to my MacBook pro by usb but it doesn't recognise the connection. Where should it be?

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:44 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 1:57 PM in response to Archie1249

Usually such things need special software, eg Garmin, TomTom, which is available at the maker's website. Your Mac can recognize certain things, eg

Hard disks, External disks, CD's, DVD's and iPods/iPhones or connected servers. I'm guessing since your SatMap device doesn't exactly fall into any of these

categories, connecting it to your Macbook Pro without the software won't do you a lot of good, If it did recognize it, it might be on the Desktop as a little Hard drive icon or in iTunes as a connected device, but.........

John B

I am trying to connect my satmap device by usb but can't find it, where should it be?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.