Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus display suddenly dim

So I've had my (gorgeous, amazing, huge) iPhone 6s Plus for about a week now, and it's a fantastic upgrade from my battered old 5s. Yay! However, I noticed this morning that my display is suddenly oddly dim - nothing drastic, but noticeably dimmer than it has been since I bought it.

I just put it side-by-side with my wife's 5s (with both at max brightness, auto-brightness disabled), and hers is SIGNIFICANTLY brighter, and the issue persists even after a reboot.

Anyone else seeing this? Is there a hidden brightness setting that I might've triggered somehow?

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2, 128gb AT&T edition

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 2:31 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 3:31 PM in response to Huxley Dunsany

EDIT: SOLVED! If anyone else runs into this, here's how I fixed it: rebooting wasn't fixing it at all, but I dimmed the brightness to 0 (lowest setting on the slider) and rebooted it with the screen dim. Upon reboot and after unlocking it, the slider was back at ~50% - I was then able to slide it back to 100% and my display is lovely and bright again. Whew!

iPhone 6s Plus display suddenly dim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.