Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Profile Manager - can't add apps to Autonomous Single App Mode

I'm working on deploying iPods that we intend to lock down to a single app. I had no issues doing this in Apple Configurator, but I am now that we've moved to OS X Server and Profile Manager.

I'm in the settings for my device group, under Restrictions > Apps, and I'm attempting to add the app to the Autonomous Single App Mode list. When I click the + sign to bring up the list of apps, I check the box next to the app I want, then click OK. Once I do that, the app never appears in the ASAM list. If I click the + sign to try adding it again, the check box is unchecked, as if I never checked it in the first place.

What am I missing?

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 1:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2016 6:28 AM

Since this is the only question that seems to ask this and doesn't have an answer, I'm going to add it for the next person scratching their head. After you have checked off the 3rd party app and clicked OK, your app will not be in the list. Go ahead and click ok to close out the settings page and then click save. Then, click the gear below and select 'Update Info' from the pop up list. This should push down the settings to the device. If you now go back in to your settings and select restrictions -> apps, you will now see your third party app on the list.

From here, you now can add another 3rd party app for ASAM and it will add to the list without issue. You may need at least one device in the device group first before running the update info.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2016 6:28 AM in response to CHMDM

Since this is the only question that seems to ask this and doesn't have an answer, I'm going to add it for the next person scratching their head. After you have checked off the 3rd party app and clicked OK, your app will not be in the list. Go ahead and click ok to close out the settings page and then click save. Then, click the gear below and select 'Update Info' from the pop up list. This should push down the settings to the device. If you now go back in to your settings and select restrictions -> apps, you will now see your third party app on the list.

From here, you now can add another 3rd party app for ASAM and it will add to the list without issue. You may need at least one device in the device group first before running the update info.

Profile Manager - can't add apps to Autonomous Single App Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.