Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

installed el capitan and the key board does not work with windows 7 in boot camp

I just installed El Capitan and when I try to use window 7 Ultimate in BootCamp the keyboard does not respond. It was working fine with the OS Yosemite. Mouse and printer work fine. I replaced batteries in the keyboard.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:23 AM

Same here with windows 8.1!!! It seems to be a driver problem. Arrghhh

34 replies

Oct 18, 2015 3:18 AM in response to leonardo219

I have the same problem. If your mouse works, you can use the on-screen keyboard to try out different potential solutions in Windows, but I have not found any solution to this problem. I have tried to update all the bootcamp drivers, but this had no effect. I also tried to update all out-of-date drivers on windows, with no effect. I also plugged in another Windows keyboard, not through bluetooth, and again none of the keystrokes register, although the special keys for opening up mail etc works fine, so obviously the keyboard is somehow recognised by Windows.

This is incredibly frustrating.

Oct 18, 2015 9:20 AM in response to leonardo219

I had this this morning, was quite a simple fix though:

- Go into Bootcamp on your Mac and download/install the latest Bootcamp drivers for Windows onto a USB.

- Restart on the Windows side, log in using the on-screen keyboard (accessible from the bottom left of the log-in screen via Ease of Access Centre icon)

- Open the USB you loaded the drivers onto, navigate to D:\Bootcamp\Setup.exe and run the file. Restart into Windows and it should be working again.

installed el capitan and the key board does not work with windows 7 in boot camp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.