Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification center won't open

I am working on a Mac Book Pro Version 10.10.5

I can't open my notification center... I don't get iMessage notifications, email notifications, etc. and when I go to the upper right corner and click on the notification icon, nothing happens. I have checked to make sure all of the notification settings are "on". It hasn't been working for a while, so I updated my software and it still isn't working.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:51 PM

This procedure will revert your settings in the Notifications preference pane to the defaults.

Back up all data before continuing.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open. Inside it are one or more files with long names. Move the files to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash. Recreate the settings.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 8:51 PM in response to swilliamsrn87

This procedure will revert your settings in the Notifications preference pane to the defaults.

Back up all data before continuing.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

~/Library/Application Support/NotificationCenter

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Open

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open. Inside it are one or more files with long names. Move the files to the Trash. Log out or restart the computer and empty the Trash. Recreate the settings.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

notification center won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.