Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unacceptable

El Capitan Crippled My Studio (Cubase 7.5, Logic Pro X, Complete 10: Music is a big part of Apple's ego system. Do these plugin manufactures get a beta version of the OS before it's release to the general public. I wonder

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013), OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:07 PM

App developers had access to beta versions since WWDC in June. It's up to them to make their software compatible.

5 replies

Oct 9, 2015 5:08 PM in response to Zoost

To be fair, this from two developers I've been in contact with over the years who regard the release candidate as Beta and the OS not truly functional until several incremental updates.

1. Apple has been known to make last minute changes to the OS, Mavericks being an example. Many developers wait until the OS is released before starting updates.

2. Incremental updates... say OSX.11 --> OSX 11.2 can break updates that were developed for OSX.11.

Apple has been releasing a new operating system almost yearly (it helps sell hardware/computers). The past four or five OS upgrades have caused various problems for both software and hardware manufacturers and that includes Logic-Pro so it's not all third party software that has problems.

Welcome to the OSX Beta test team! 😉

Oct 23, 2015 5:44 PM in response to Pancenter

This is my first Macbook (Pro 15'' late 2013), So I'm not to familiar with Apple's OS X upgrade cycles and headaches.

I learn a valuable lesson with El Capitan.

I'll remember your post in the next upgrade cycle;

As of this writing, some of my NI plugins are working some are not.

I must say it's a big improvement from a few weeks ago 😁

Still waiting for an update from NI

Unacceptable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.