Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Merging duplicate iTunes Playlists

Hi there,

I have recently noted that my iTunes account has duplicated all my playlists. I would like to merge them all back into one playlist and remove the duplicates incase there are different songs in each playlist. How can I go about doing this?

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:26 AM

Hi Kel,

This should be pretty easy. Select all the tracks in one of the duplicated lists, and drag them into the other in the sidebar. You'll get a warning that reads: "There are duplicates being added to the playlist. Would you like to add the duplicates or skip them?"

Choose Skip, and only the non-duplicated tracks will be added. Then you can safely delete the first list (the one you dragged from).

Cheers

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 7:26 AM in response to Kel1968

Hi Kel,

This should be pretty easy. Select all the tracks in one of the duplicated lists, and drag them into the other in the sidebar. You'll get a warning that reads: "There are duplicates being added to the playlist. Would you like to add the duplicates or skip them?"

Choose Skip, and only the non-duplicated tracks will be added. Then you can safely delete the first list (the one you dragged from).

Cheers

Merging duplicate iTunes Playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.