Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't my mac find my printer/scanner - Epson XP-710

User uploaded file

Any ideas? Close to just buying another, but that may not be easy to install either. Please help.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 5:02 PM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2015 4:35 AM in response to steve626

thank you. I go to the site you send me, and all Epson XPs are listed; all the series, even 200 to 900 and the ones inbetween, but, the whole series of 700, including my 710, is missing. No advice given; and I can't find any. The epson UK site is down for some reason. I only downloaded the software yesterday. Don't ask why, but I was having problems with new ink and I got rid of the printer myself. But I did only reinstall it from the Epson site yesterday. Any ideas. What have they got against their own series, which sits right in the middle of their others. Ps, I bought the printer in 2013.

Oct 10, 2015 11:47 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric you are a marvel. Back ache and marital harmony restored.

Using the link you gave me did the job. I even have my scan back which I had given up on. Why don't Apple with their mega bucks update their info? The link should state it works for Yosemite also. And, I have been trying to add the printer the hard way, by using the '+', but it just would not work. I now find I had AirPrint all along. Thought I had but wasn't sure. The spec from Epson didn't state the printer was AirPrint. I just opened a doc, and with a few clicks that were easy to follow, the printer just appeared. It didn't help that Epson UK has been down all day; I even thought they had gone bust. The US site was okay though. My printer does not seem to exist in the US; a similar one, called Artisan xp-710 only exists in the US. The 'Artisan' bit is missing for the UK. I nearly went out and bought another today. Again, many thanks.

Why can't my mac find my printer/scanner - Epson XP-710

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.