Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 is draining the battery on my iPhone 6s Plus

I went to bed with my iPhone 6s Plus sitting on my sofa. It had maybe around 40-50% battery left but at the very minimum 40%. I woke up and my battery was totally dead. Personally, this has never happened to me because iPhones have a crazy amount of stand-by time... even if my previous iPhones had like 9% left they have lasted an entire day before so I was literally shocked when I discovered my phoen was totally dead. That being said, bluetooth was turned off, I did not have any open apps running and I did not get a huge amount of texts, emails or phone calls over the night so I have idea how the battery died that fast. The only thing I can think of is iOS 9.0.2. Hopefully Apple fixes this issue quickly or I may have to contact Verizon to have them replace the phone. Someone please advise.

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 3:46 PM

5 replies

Oct 9, 2015 3:52 PM in response to confettikid24

It is not the iOS. Go into Settings>Battery and check to see what is using the most battery. Generally rapid battery drain, especially on a new device can be traced back to a stuck process, or a corrupt file in the backup, if the new device was restored from the old device. User troubleshooting steps include restart, reset, restore from backup, restore as new. If that does not help, the device is under warranty, so make an appointment at the Genius Bar at the nearest Apple store to have the device examined. Do not see Verizon, see Apple for any warranty issues.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Oct 9, 2015 3:59 PM in response to confettikid24

More than likely it is. The Facebook app is notorious for remaining working and draining battery very quickly. I've eliminated that issue by deleting the app and using Facebook on Safari, but then I am only there once a day, so it doesn't matter that much to me. Hope this fixes your issue. I've got to say that with my new 6s I've never experienced better battery management for a heavy user like myself.

Oct 9, 2015 4:08 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Yeah that's why I was shocked to find the phone totally off, the iPhone is notorious for having long standby time. I think I am going to do what you did, just use Facebook on Safari. Thanks again for your insight. I just started using the community support area on apple.com and both times I've had issues people were able to pinpoint the issue and resolve it pretty quickly so thank you 🙂

iOS 9 is draining the battery on my iPhone 6s Plus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.