Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can my Time Capsule help me get a better wifi signal to my TV?

Our cable service router/modem is on one side of the house. Our kitchen is between the room with the modem and our living room TV. The cable guys added some type of wireless booster that supposedly makes all of our outlets a wifi antenna/booster. However, while watching streaming movies it still buffers quite often.

So I heard that our Apple Time Capsule can somehow act as a Wifi booster. If so, how would I go about that? Specifically what room would I hook it up in and to what devices?

Thanks,

Lorraine

null-OTHER, Time Capsule

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 4:56 PM

1 reply

Oct 9, 2015 5:51 PM in response to Loridori4

The answer is actually no, apple routers can only boost other apple routers.. for this to work you would need to buy another apple router.. and plug it into the main cable router then add the second router somewhere in between..

Generally apple routers have average wireless.. not suited to what you are wanting to do..

I would buy a high power wireless router and plug it in by ethernet or use EOP (homeplug) adapters to get it nearer the room with the TV.

Homeplug can be quite successful but it depends so much on the house wiring if it works or not..

The cable guys added some type of wireless booster that supposedly makes all of our outlets a wifi antenna/booster.

This could be homeplug but you need multiple receiver units for it to work properly.. Tell us exact model of the cable modem.. plus whatever model this booster is and we can check if there is a particular receiver you can use.

Can my Time Capsule help me get a better wifi signal to my TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.