Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 16gb iMessages has constant white screen hangups

I have an iPhone 6 16gb on T-Mobile that is experiencing constant white screen hangups. When I go to open imessages, it will freeze up on a plain white screen for a good 5-10 seconds before letting me into the screen to see conversations with contacts. Sometimes after getting in after the white screen, it will open up a new message where you select a contact as if you were creating a new message. After exiting this screen, it will display no conversations even if there had been previous conversations. It then takes about 10 seconds or so for the message conversations to load up. I've experienced this not only in iMessages, but other apps as well. General slow loading, messages taking forever to send, messages stacking up to where it says Sending 1 of 5, and when all of the messages finally go through they all get sent at the same time. As mentioned, other apps such as Safari are slow to open and load. Texting and manually entering phone numbers will show nothing as I'm texting then all of the sudden all of the characters show up as if it's freezing. It's almost as if the whole system is lagging for 5-10 seconds before it catches up to itself. I'm not sure if this could be a T-Mobile thing or something to do with the phone. I have an iPhone 6s Plus as well on AT&T and have not experienced any of this at all. Both phones have the most recent version of iOS. I have reset the phone multiple times and just completed a full erase of the phone with a backup and am still experiencing the issues. Any thoughts? Should I just take it to the Apple store to see if it might warrant a replacement? It is still under warranty.

iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:12 PM

There are no replies.

iPhone 6 16gb iMessages has constant white screen hangups

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.