Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to rename the titles of several tracks at once in iTunes 12.3?

Hi,

Is there a way to rename the titles (song names) of several tracks at once in iTunes 12.3? (not clicking through the tracks one by one)

Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 22, 2015 3:37 PM

Not the names, no, not unless you use an Applescript. I guess the programmers couldn't see an instance where you would wish to give a bunch of tracks the identical name.

3 replies

Oct 22, 2015 3:37 PM in response to _daniel_

I guess the most efficient way to do this would be to use the Get Info window. First, arrange the tracks so they're all listed in a row -- drag them all into a temporary playlist if you need to. Then select the first track and type Command-I (or select File > Get Info from the menu bar).

Now when you type in the new song name, you just hit the Forward arrow at the bottom of the screen, and this will bring up the next track, with the Song field already highlighted, so you just have to start typing. I can't think of anything faster than this.

Unless, as Limnos suggests, you really do want to give all the tracks the same name -- that would be a lot faster.

Oct 22, 2015 3:35 PM in response to Limnos

Hi Limnos and Richard,

Thank you for the responses!

Yeah, I indeed wish to give the same title to all tracks... (use case for the devs: many old audiobook tracks from CD, should just have the title of the audiobook as track name instead of an empty track name).

Oh well, I look for a third-party tool then! (Kid3 seems free, will try with that)

Cheers

How to rename the titles of several tracks at once in iTunes 12.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.