Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi cuts out at song start when I try to bounce

Logic Pro X, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 5:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 11:02 AM

Most people start their projects on bar two or three.... It's because of Logic's buffering system. The audio engine/plugins are not active when the sequencer is not running. If you start at bar one Logic can miss a note at the first of a bar. There are other factors but that's basically the story. It can also depend on what instruments and plugins are being used.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 11:02 AM in response to Sviteknology1

Most people start their projects on bar two or three.... It's because of Logic's buffering system. The audio engine/plugins are not active when the sequencer is not running. If you start at bar one Logic can miss a note at the first of a bar. There are other factors but that's basically the story. It can also depend on what instruments and plugins are being used.

Oct 10, 2015 11:43 AM in response to Sviteknology1

It's part of Logic's design and been that way since I can remember and I go back to a MIDI only version of Logic 2.x. It's what helps make Logic efficient as the CPU isn't used when Logic's isn't playing an active region or when the sequencer is stopped, it also causes audio engine overloads when several regions with CPU heavy plugins is approached in the timeline for the first or second time, there are positives and negatives to this approach. After that, the area is buffered and there are no audio engine overloads. I was told by one of the Logic team (before Apple purchased emagic/Logic) that it was done because older Macintosh computers used the CPU for graphics, unless Logic could free up CPU when a region wasn't playing or the sequencer stopped the computer's graphics slowed to a crawl.

Most current DAWs keep the audio engine/buffers active so there is always some CPU use going on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.