Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrade Lightroom from 3.6 to 7.1.1

I just shifted from Macbook OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) to Macbook OS X 10.10.5 (Yosemite) and find that while Photoshop CS is no longer operative, Lightroom appears to be. I have an old version (3.6) and am wondering if it will actually work, or whether I should upgrade to the latest version 7.1.1. I went on the Lightroom website to see about an upgrade and it gave all the information except for the price. I never really used Lightroom on my old Mac, but since Photoshop CS did not migrate over and Lightroom did, I plan to start using it. Any ideas? Thanks!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:55 PM

The version of PhotoShop that will not migrate is CS2, a certifiable antique. You could move to a more modern version, even one bought second-hand from eBay, and have a more familiar working environment. Why start over with something completely unfamiliar, unless it provides features you absolutely MUST HAVE.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 9, 2015 6:55 PM in response to Dr. Ann

The version of PhotoShop that will not migrate is CS2, a certifiable antique. You could move to a more modern version, even one bought second-hand from eBay, and have a more familiar working environment. Why start over with something completely unfamiliar, unless it provides features you absolutely MUST HAVE.

Oct 16, 2015 7:54 AM in response to Dr. Ann

I still have this question. I had Photoshop CS on my Snow Leopard but have a new Mac with 10.10.5 - Yosemite. Is it true that CS6 is marginal? I'm wondering whether the Creative Cloud rental program, 10 bucks a month for Photoshop CC and Lightroom is my only or is the best alternative so I can access my photos. Right now, I can't at all as CS is a dinosaur and is incompatible. Thanks

Upgrade Lightroom from 3.6 to 7.1.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.