Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I would like to ask question

I want to make a UK apple ID because there is a movie there that I want. It is also in the US store, but it is not the translation I want. The movie is called The Gospel of John and it comes in NIV and KJV. I want the KJV but only the British store has it available there. The US store has the NIV version and I don't want that translation. Can I add US gift card credit to my UK account? I am currently in Thailand as I moved here last year and I am having a lot of trouble buying stuff from Apple because of my location. With Google and Amazon I have zero issues. Apple is the only one I am having trouble with. I can add credit from my Thai debit card to Google Wallet and Amazon gift card, but when I try with Apple, I get errors and pretty much told I can't do that. I love Apple, but they seem not to want my business.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:37 AM

You have to be in a country to use its store, so you have to be here in the UK with a UK billing address on your account to use the UK store. The content providers license their content o Apple to sell on a country-by-country basis, each country therefor has to have its own iTunes store and you have to be in a country to use its store - whilst you are in Thailand you can only use the Thailand store, otherwise you will be violating the store's terms.

You could try contacting the rights-holder/film studio and ask them to allow Apple to sell that version of the film in the Thai store

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 7:37 AM in response to aggressivility

You have to be in a country to use its store, so you have to be here in the UK with a UK billing address on your account to use the UK store. The content providers license their content o Apple to sell on a country-by-country basis, each country therefor has to have its own iTunes store and you have to be in a country to use its store - whilst you are in Thailand you can only use the Thailand store, otherwise you will be violating the store's terms.

You could try contacting the rights-holder/film studio and ask them to allow Apple to sell that version of the film in the Thai store

Dec 4, 2015 5:42 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you. I guess I will be sticking to Amazon and Google Play as they allow me to purchase US content here in Thailand. It's sad that Apple is very restrictive. I guess Apple doesn't want my business. I was so looking forward to buying the new iPad too. Guess I will be rethinking that purchase. Thank you again for the information. It was very helpful.

I would like to ask question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.