Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I access Siri through my lock screen. After iOS 9 update, why does Siri say to unlock my iPhone?

I own a 2014 Chevrolet Sonic. It has Siri Eyes Free that connects Siri to MyLink. I plug my iPhone 6 into the car with my USB cord. This feature allows me to send text messages or make phone calls without looking at my iPhone 6 screen. This has been working flawlessly for a year. Now, after the iOS 9 update, Siri keeps telling me that I need to unlock my iPhone in order to make phone calls or listen to Siri read text messages to me. How can I make this work without Siri telling me to do this?

It's unsafe to unlock my screen when driving my car.

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 7:47 PM

Tomb,

I would check Settings>Touch ID & Passcode>Allow Access When Locked:>Siri>On.

User uploaded file

4 replies

Sep 14, 2016 11:12 PM in response to Tomb Stone

Hi,

This is related to either a passcode being enabled (if you don't want people to access your phone why would you want them to be able to access it via voice) and if that's on the phone also checks if message previews are switched on. Again if someone can't see the message when the phone is locked then Siri cant either.

--Cynan.

I access Siri through my lock screen. After iOS 9 update, why does Siri say to unlock my iPhone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.