Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Searching iPhoto 9.6.1

Okay... please bear with me while I try to explain this...

In older versions of iPhoto when you needed to find an image you searched by keyword or Event name.

When you found the image or event if you clicked on an image to highlight it then removed the search terms you would go back to your main library in Events view but the event the image was in would remain highlighted.

So, for example, I import a batch of photos with mixed dates (meaning they'll automatically position themselves in an event in the library by the earliest date).

In older versions if I then wanted to find where this event had been created I could highlight one image in 'Last Import' switch to Events view and the Event would be highlighted no matter where it was in the timeline even if it had auto-sorted to be years ago.

The other option was I could search by one of the image names & then highlight the result, remove the search term or switch back to Events view and its location would be highlighted.

So... basically this made it really easy to find an entire event just by locating one image.

As far as I can tell this feature is gone in 9.6.1 is this correct or is there another way to achieve the same result?

iMac with Retina 5K display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 4 GHz Intel i7, AMD Radeon R9

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:14 PM

Right Click on an image and choose 'Show Event'

2 replies

Searching iPhoto 9.6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.