Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I add and view playlists in Classic 160?

I have a Classic 160 that is several years old and I see the option in iTunes to have playlists and it also looks like I have added it to my Classic, but I don't see the option on my iPod where I can access my playlist. Does the Classic have a playlist option?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:45 PM

Yes, it does. You simply need to change a couple of settings on the iPod so that Playlists is shown as a header on the Main Menu and the Music Menu as well if you wish.

From your iPod's Main Menu, go into Settings/Main Menu and scroll down to Music/Playlists and press the Select (centre) button so that the tick is on. Playlists will now be listed on your Main Menu. (The Select button will toggle between tick on/tick off.)

To display the Playlists item on the Music Menu as well, again from the Main Menu go into Settings/Music Menu and scroll down to Playlists and turn on the tick. Playlists will now be a header on the Music Menu.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Classic160guy

Yes, it does. You simply need to change a couple of settings on the iPod so that Playlists is shown as a header on the Main Menu and the Music Menu as well if you wish.

From your iPod's Main Menu, go into Settings/Main Menu and scroll down to Music/Playlists and press the Select (centre) button so that the tick is on. Playlists will now be listed on your Main Menu. (The Select button will toggle between tick on/tick off.)

To display the Playlists item on the Music Menu as well, again from the Main Menu go into Settings/Music Menu and scroll down to Playlists and turn on the tick. Playlists will now be a header on the Music Menu.

How can I add and view playlists in Classic 160?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.