Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I deleted the extra albums that the latest update put in my phone like for instance the selfies album

does anyone know how to deleting unwanted albums from photos

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:48 PM

2 replies

Oct 9, 2015 10:27 PM in response to linajrz

The automaticaly created standard albums cannot be deleted. But they will not show, if they are empty. If you do not have any photos on your iPhone that are considered being selfies (taken with an iPhone Front camera), this album will not show. Editing the photos in an external editor will also remove them from the album.

You may want to send feedback to Apple with a feature request for an option to hide unnecessary albums: Apple - Photos - Feedback

Oct 15, 2015 8:22 AM in response to léonie

Yes,... that's the party line. First off, you're missing the fundamental issue of the question. Many users have experienced the same issue I have with the selfies (and other mandatory albums). I have a "selfie" file that cannot be deleted for some strange reason. I've spent hours on this forum trying to find out why one photo is "not editable" and cannot be deleted. But nobody has an answer for that... not even level 10 users.

So deleting the photos in these mandatory albums might work .... provided you CAN delete the photos in these mandatory albums.

Secondly... providing feedback to Apple is like talking to a brick wall. When a company charges huge fees for their product, won't provide any instructions with that product, and relies on user forums to answer their customer's questions... well, you be the judge.

How do I deleted the extra albums that the latest update put in my phone like for instance the selfies album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.