Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of Apple Mail, when I only want to use gmail?

I previously had been able to somehow isolate Apple Mail from syncing with my gmail, so I could use only gmail and not worry about any mail getting into or involving Apple Mail- as I do not want to have to check two sources or bother with two. Now, after installing El Capitan I have the sync back and I do not remember how to handle the problem. And, looking up sources has me leery about doing certain things so I don't lose any of my mail aspects in gmail. Any help out there?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), operating system 10.11 El Capitan

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:34 PM

Go to Mail>Preferences>Accounts and select the unwanted mail accounts on the left-hand side and then click on the minus sign inZA lower left

Also go to System Preferences>Accounts and do the same.

2 replies

Oct 10, 2015 9:37 PM in response to lllaass

Thank you for the quick reply to my question. I had finally previously worked it out to my satisfaction so no gmail would be lost in the process, and your two suggestions are the routes I took. They are accurate and correctly would do what I needed- gmail with no sync with Apple Mail (may it die on the vine/tree until they make it as good as gmail).

How do I get rid of Apple Mail, when I only want to use gmail?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.