Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo "Email Address Mismatch" it won't let me login in

After I updated my software iOS 9.02 on my iPhone, my yahoo mail wasn't able to connect to my server. So my it was say "can't connect to the server for yahoo account". I check on my setting under mail, contact, etc., click on yahoo account and it said "there was a problem accessing your account. Please re-enter the password for (my email)." I do exactly and it said "Email address mismatch, The email address you entered does not match your account." I made I carefully typed the email and password right but this Email address mismatch keeps popping up. I tried to check my email on safari and on two computers and I can login into my email account but not on my iPhone mail. So if anyone can help, please, I need to fix this as soon as possible.

iPhone 5, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 9:50 PM

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but I had exactly the same problem with my gmail account. To fix it I had to delete the account from my phone and then add it back again. After going through this it seemed to accept my credentials again and all of the mail/calendar services associated with that account started working again.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 9:50 PM in response to hernandezdenise378

I'm not sure if this is the same issue but I had exactly the same problem with my gmail account. To fix it I had to delete the account from my phone and then add it back again. After going through this it seemed to accept my credentials again and all of the mail/calendar services associated with that account started working again.

Oct 28, 2015 8:41 PM in response to hernandezdenise378

I had this same problem tried entering my password several times and kept getting the same mismatch error, and I knew the password was correct, because I tried it several times after being denied from Iphone 6s. Deleted Yahoo email account from my Iphone 6s, then add the account again and put in same password and this time the password took. The Yahoo account works fine on the Iphone now.

Yahoo "Email Address Mismatch" it won't let me login in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.