Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6plus doesn't receive regular sms txt message????

it just happened 2 days ago when my friend texted me from morning but I didn't get the message until late of that day. At first I thought it might be I left the phone on for many days without completely turning it off, so I tried to power off, left it there for like 30 minutes then turned on again. Then on the next day, it happened again. I tried to reboot, turn off imessage,etc, but nothing seemed to work. I used my friend's phone to send message to my phone but didn't receive anything. And now my friend's phone (iphone 5 or 5s) has the same problem. Please help me, I really don't want to restore my phone cause i'm gonna lose all messages.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:42 PM

3 replies

Oct 9, 2015 9:46 PM in response to an254

hi there! Have you tried deregistering your number from iMessage and then activating it again? Also, when having problems with iMessage please remember that switching off MMS and FaceTime can also help. Defiantly try using the tool to deregister your number then reactivate. You may have a 24 hour delay to turn on the iMessage feature again.

Oct 9, 2015 10:01 PM in response to ManSinha

iMessage is part of an SMS relay system. If there is an issue with SMS than it probably lies with iMessage. There are two possible resolutions to the problem. Defregistering the phone number from iMessage and then activating it again is a good start and far less intrudive. Since there has already been basic troubleshooting performed there is one more thing to attempt before jumping to backup/restore.

boy I sure do miss my comfy keyboard on my nexus 6. Less typos 😟

iphone 6plus doesn't receive regular sms txt message????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.