Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes sync data updated with old library data

In order to properly use my doubleTwist sync application with my Samsung Galaxy 4, I had to revert to a previous verison of iTunes (version 12.2 did not allow syncing to outside devices). In doing so, however, the last Library file was uploaded when I launched the older iTunes version which was at least 6 months old. iTunes then synced to the cloud replacing the metadata for literally thousands of songs. I am now afraid to sync with the cloud because I'm not sure what metadata will be loaded to my two primary PC's that I use iTunes on. I was able to load a library data file that was more recent so that my library metadata on my PC was more recent than the 6 months but still I'm set back a bit and have lost a bunch of data. Basically, I don't trust the metadata that has been captured in the cloud. I want to determine if there is a way to sync to the cloud but only transfer the data that is on my PC so that the cloud doesn't overwrite my library data that is on my PC thereby setting me back months in metadata collection.

Windows PC-OTHER, Windows 7, Samsung Galaxy 4, doubleTwist

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 9:58 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes sync data updated with old library data

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.