Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'My Music' replaced with 'Apple Music'

I'm an iTunes Match and Apple Music subscriber and what a mess. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I don't see a way to download the music I uploaded to the cloud? Before I got my Apple Music subscription, I was able to do this.

Here is my situation: I'm at home on my desktop PC ripping cd's and uploading albums to the cloud.

Then I go to my laptop and can see and listen to all those songs via iTunes Match. No prob.

But I want to click the little download button, and download those songs to the hard drive on my laptop, I don't want to stream them. I used to be able to do this until I got my Apple Music subscription. Now I can only download a 'cashed file' of the song, or a link to the song that is streamed from iCloud. The file is tagged as a 'Apple Music File' even though this is a song that I legally purchased on CD and uploaded to iCloud. It gets real confusing when I want to burn a playlist and half of the songs are my own files saved on my desktop while the others are 'Apple Music Files'.

I can totally understand why Apple won't let us burn 'Apple Music Steaming files' to a cd....but in my case, these are not 'Apple Music Files' - they songs are form my iTunes music collection that I uploaded from CD. The only reason I purchased a iTunes Match account was so I could have my music collection in one place, in one file format, that I could access from any device. I was told that if I have a crappy sounding 128kbps file that iTunes Match would 'match' it with their better sounding 256kbps file. And I used to do this all the time....upload files from my desktop, download them to my laptop, then burn a cd and play them in my car. I can't do that anymore so what is the purpose of having an iTunes Match account along with Apple Music? Can I have my iTunes Match payment refunded? ....Or am I just doing something wrong with causing to iTunes to download Apple Music Files instead of my music from the cloud? I want to scream!

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2, Apple TV version 3

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:22 PM

I have spent untold hours trying to get music, mp3's etc working satisfactorily but have now become so frustrated and angry I am cancelling Match and Apple Music.

The latest is my playlists and Albums on my iMac, iPhone, iPad and iPod are all different!

I have mp3's which i downloaded and Apple replaces them with some totally different tracks from its library (I presume.) The tracks are public domain meditation tracks and have been replaced by Apple tracks which are completely different, even in title.

Not only is it the time and frustration that gets me but also in my area bandwidth is pathetic (thanks Government) and it is continually uploading and downloading wasted material.

I will close the accounts, put my own music on iTunes, use Spotify for streaming which also works smoothly on SONOS. But the Apple confusion has increased my need for the relaxation tapes .......oommmmmmmm!

The fact that so many complainants, including myself, cannot fathom how Match and Music work, what is where etc says it all. No clear explanations or instructions from Apple either. There should be all money returned for frustrated users.

PS I am an Apple user since Apple ][ but this recent debacle, withdrawn support for Aperture, and the whole photos saga is turning me off. I am so deeply committed to Apple products and at my age that there is no way I can change platforms but their direction will not encourage me to recommend Apple to new users.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 8:22 PM in response to deuptyvanhalen

I have spent untold hours trying to get music, mp3's etc working satisfactorily but have now become so frustrated and angry I am cancelling Match and Apple Music.

The latest is my playlists and Albums on my iMac, iPhone, iPad and iPod are all different!

I have mp3's which i downloaded and Apple replaces them with some totally different tracks from its library (I presume.) The tracks are public domain meditation tracks and have been replaced by Apple tracks which are completely different, even in title.

Not only is it the time and frustration that gets me but also in my area bandwidth is pathetic (thanks Government) and it is continually uploading and downloading wasted material.

I will close the accounts, put my own music on iTunes, use Spotify for streaming which also works smoothly on SONOS. But the Apple confusion has increased my need for the relaxation tapes .......oommmmmmmm!

The fact that so many complainants, including myself, cannot fathom how Match and Music work, what is where etc says it all. No clear explanations or instructions from Apple either. There should be all money returned for frustrated users.

PS I am an Apple user since Apple ][ but this recent debacle, withdrawn support for Aperture, and the whole photos saga is turning me off. I am so deeply committed to Apple products and at my age that there is no way I can change platforms but their direction will not encourage me to recommend Apple to new users.

'My Music' replaced with 'Apple Music'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.