Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are all these tutorials that keep being tossed around?

OK. Details: iPhone 5S, iOS 9.0.2(13A452); 32GB (9.5 used); Network is Verizon. Stored 1 song, 4 videos and 126 photos.

Now, my main question is, where to find all these tutorials that keep being given out to myself and other people when we have questions? As a follow up question, why does it seem as though the few questions I have asked have not been answered, when it appears the questions are totally legit? Is it because they are too simple that the 'experts' feel as though they are beneath them or they think I should have figured it out myself and not bother other people with them?

I promise I am not trying to be facetious or rude or anything negative. It is just that I have been through most of the categories of questions trying to be sure I was not asking something already answered. And there are a plethora of unanswered questions.

This email sent to me is my reason for asking about how to find all these tutorials.

Tutorials has been mentioned by Klaus1 in Apple Support Community Overly

Complicated in Apple Support Communities [j7639g-6s59q-hb9hk]

I have had these emails sent to me several times. In most cases, I have no idea why as they don't have any answers to any of my questions. Thus my question of where I can find them.

Thank you

Barb M.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 10:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 1:53 PM

You didn't even specify which tutorials you'll looking for. No matter. On Apple's website click on Support, then choose the topics or devices of interest.

If you're looking for basic iOS info, log into iBooks, then search for Apple User Guides for iOS X. There's usually a seperate guide available for iPads, iPhones and iPods. Download for free and read.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 1:53 PM in response to texaz56

You didn't even specify which tutorials you'll looking for. No matter. On Apple's website click on Support, then choose the topics or devices of interest.

If you're looking for basic iOS info, log into iBooks, then search for Apple User Guides for iOS X. There's usually a seperate guide available for iPads, iPhones and iPods. Download for free and read.

Oct 9, 2015 10:53 PM in response to texaz56

Apparently, you have email notifications turned on; that simply means that someone has posted in a thread you either started or were involved in - you will keep receiving the email notifications until you click the "following" on the discussion page to "unfollow" it.

As for these forums, we are all other users here volunteering our time to help other users. We are not Apple employees. And, we are situated all over the world. It is about time for me to call it quits for the evening in my timezone, so there will probably be quite a number of new questions posted overnight. As a volunteer, I do not have a regular work schedule - I peruse the forums and try to help when I can. So yes, there are no doubt a lot of questions which will get unanswered.

FWIW, you did not include any links in your post. If you do get an email, there should be a link which will allow you to go to that discussion. At that point, you can unfollow it.

Oct 10, 2015 1:57 PM in response to texaz56

Now, my main question is, where to find all these tutorials that keep being given out to myself and other people when we have questions?

There are some here: Using Apple Support Communities - User Tips.

Personally my favourite place to start is with the Following Discussions which shows all threads that you have been active in, and highlights those threads that have had new activity since you last viewed them. The Site map of Communities and Categories has similar links to various forums on the site, so if you're interested in Using iPhone, for example you get a similar view.

Another way of getting to the same views is to add /content to the forum URL and then click the Discussions link, which is equivalent to adding /content?filterID=contentstatus[published]~objecttype~objecttype[thread] to the URL, which I don't expect anyone to commit to memory. Bookmarking the links from the site map is the easiest way.

As a follow up question, why does it seem as though the few questions I have asked have not been answered, when it appears the questions are totally legit? Is it because they are too simple that the 'experts' feel as though they are beneath them or they think I should have figured it out myself and not bother other people with them?

As to why a particular question of yours might get overlooked there will be a number of factors. In the busier forums yours might just vanish off the first page or two before somebody who has an answer spots it. I often scan though the thread titles looking for questions to answer and might ignore a question I could answer because the title gave the wrong impression.

The other thread you were referring to is Apple Support Community Overly Complicated and the link Klaus1 posted is to Tutorials.

tt2

Dec 18, 2015 3:01 PM in response to texaz56

Hello every one who offered advice. I am here to apologise to each and every one of you who took time out of your day to respond to my question. I normally respond to any notifications I get that someone has commented or replied to my questions. (You should see how many I have on Microsoft/Windows-10 Community support).

This is not an excuse, but I think I had asked this question during a time when I was having one problem after another on my PC and the Windows 10 nightmare. I was overwhelmed and confused and just frustrated all the time. And then, I came here trying to find an answer to a problem, and I just kept getting emails saying this or that person suggested Tutorial .....? But, I could never find the tutorials. And I started noticing a lot of people would refer to some tutorial for an answer to a problem for other people. And I still could not find these tutorials. It was just frustrating.

But like I said, I am leaving this reply to my original question in hopes that some of you will see it, and know I am sincerely sorry I did not respond to replies. And say again thank you, and I really do appreciate your time and effort to try and help me.

Barb M.😊

Dec 18, 2015 3:28 PM in response to texaz56

You're welcome, and don't worry, we're generally fairly thick skinned around here. 🙂

Going back to the beginning of this thread I suspect you have "followed" the Tutorials forum which is why you got an email that read "Tutorials has been mentioned..." There are some arcane features in the forum software which can take some getting used to. Following communities or people may lead to more emails that you want or expect if you allow the site to send mail.

tt2

Where are all these tutorials that keep being tossed around?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.