Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s running hot and rapid battery drain

Im having real problems with my 6s. Even when in my pocket the phone will get extremely hot, and the the battery will drain. I can be surfing and then after 2 mins I'll drop 20%. Or playing music. Anything I can do or is it OS? I'm running latest update. Thanks

iPhone 6s

Posted on Oct 9, 2015 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:46 AM

First, reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as expected, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 2:46 AM in response to Moolyt

First, reset the phone by holding the sleep and home button for about 10sec, until the Apple logo comes back again. You will not lose any data by resetting, but it can cure some glitches.

If this does not work, and to make sure that this is not software related, set it back to factory settings, without using any backup data afterwards. Set up the rest of the personal settings manually and test the phone.

If the phone works as expected, restore from the latest backup. If the problem comes back, the backup data contained corrupt data, causing your issues.

If it still does not work, this is a hardware issue and the phone has to be serviced by Apple or an Authorized Apple Service Provider:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Find an Apple Authorized Service Provider

iPhone - Contact Support - Apple Support

iPhone 6s running hot and rapid battery drain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.