Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bogus purchase notification?

Just received an email confirming an order number for a product I did not purchase. I logged in to my account to find that there are no pending orders...

So I am assuming the notification is bogus, but how can I be sure that my account has not been tempered with?

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 12:07 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2015 12:30 AM in response to otsur

There are fairly regular posts on here about phishing emails saying that something has been purchased on their account, quite often with 'click her to request a refund' in them. These will hopefully help to check if it's genuine or not (generally real emails will be personalised, not 'dear customer', 'hello' etc, and be written in proper grammatical language) :

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on an iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

If it is a phishing email you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Bogus purchase notification?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.