Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Toolbars for Safari & Pages

Hi

I have two very similar questions regarding toolbars, one in connection to Safari and one relating to Pages '09.

Safari - is there a way to stop the top bar, i.e., the one which contains file, edit, view and the time, etc., from hiding itself? I don't want to have to move the pointer over that area to make the bar appear every time. I found a post that suggested clicking on the arrows which point at each other in the top right corner, but this just reduces the overall page size and makes the dock visible, which I do not want.

Pages '09 - the same problem but here all the bars disappear when I'm writing. Can I lock them in place? Also, I seem to be missing a whole toolbar area (I have two bars at the moment, one which details file, edit, insert and the time, etc., and one below it which details the font, font size, etc.) - this option is greyed out at the bottom of the view menu and I've seen it in tutorial videos online. It's an area to which you can add your own shortcuts to useful functions.

Many thanks.

Tom

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), Toolbars

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:59 AM

6 replies

Toolbars for Safari & Pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.