Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts not searched using Spotlight. Ios9

HI, since my upgrade to IOS 9 on both my IPad Air and my IPhone 6, i am not able to find contacts using the spotlight search. If I select contacts, I can search and find what I need. When I do a spotlight search, it does not show "contacts" as a section of the results, but does show "email", "messages", etc.

i Have switched the default account from Main Email (Exchange) to ICloud, and then back again. Still no luck.

THanks

User uploaded file

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 5:21 AM

5 replies

Oct 10, 2015 8:49 PM in response to Fernjr

You're welcome. If you turn on some other apps will Spotlight Serch search them ? Will Siri search contacts ?

All I can suggest is a reset and reset all settings.

To reset. Press and hold both the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. Release both buttons. Wait until your iPad starts on it's own.

Nextis settings> general> reset> reset all settings. Be sure you know your wifi password because you're going to have to log back in.

Contacts not searched using Spotlight. Ios9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.