Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple open directory

Good afternoon. Please tell me what could be the problem?

The first server is configured to OD (master), the second added as a replica. Everything went well. Turn the server that is a replica, it works, user login, DNS fulfills. Then I check everything on the turn. Turn master, the replica is running. But here's the problem, users can not log, DNS works, DHCP, too ... What could be the problem that when the master OD is turned off, users can not log in?

Mac mini, OS X Server, null

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 5:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 19, 2015 11:18 PM

Try rebooting the clients and if that doesn't work unbind / rebind them to the master while the replica is running. I forget exactly what's needed to get the information to 'take' but the client needs to learn from the master that there is a replica available.

By 'users can not login' I assume you mean the password is rejected. Obviously, if your network homes are on the master machine and you've unplugged it then your users are not going to be able to access them.

C.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 19, 2015 11:18 PM in response to Nolfik

Try rebooting the clients and if that doesn't work unbind / rebind them to the master while the replica is running. I forget exactly what's needed to get the information to 'take' but the client needs to learn from the master that there is a replica available.

By 'users can not login' I assume you mean the password is rejected. Obviously, if your network homes are on the master machine and you've unplugged it then your users are not going to be able to access them.

C.

apple open directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.