Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to Turn off iOS 9 Update Notification

After Updating to iOS 9 when it became available, my battery life finally returned.

So I refuse to update to 9.0.1 or whatever. Why?

Because when I first got my iPhone 6 Plus (with iOS 8) I could get nearly 3 days use out of it before having to charge it with normal use.

Once I did the first update to 8.1 (or whatever it was), my battery life dropped to barely getting a days charge out of the phone.

Once I updated to iOS 9, the battery life returned. And I don't want to lose it. So I'm not going through this update fiasco for another year.

My Question:

A couple times a day, I get a notification on that pops up asking me to Update.

How do I stop these notifications? They have gotten really annoying and I don't want to accidentally hit the update button.

Thanks

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2015 1:57 AM

Click on the Setting icon.
Then click on General.
click on Storage & iCloud usage. It might just say Storage on your device.
When the next page pops up you will see at the top the word Storage. Under it you will see Manage Storage. Click on it and wait till the list is fully populated. Depending on how many apps you have this can take a couple of seconds to about half a minute.
Look through this list till you see the new iOS update. Delete it.
Then your pop up notice should go away. Don't worry about loosing the update. You can always get it later in the future. If in the future you get the pop up again, then that means Apple has again downloaded it to your phone or iPad without your permission. Simply do the above all over again to delete it and get rid of the new pop up. This is the only way to get rid of the pop up without installing it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 21, 2015 1:57 AM in response to Event Video Guy

Click on the Setting icon.
Then click on General.
click on Storage & iCloud usage. It might just say Storage on your device.
When the next page pops up you will see at the top the word Storage. Under it you will see Manage Storage. Click on it and wait till the list is fully populated. Depending on how many apps you have this can take a couple of seconds to about half a minute.
Look through this list till you see the new iOS update. Delete it.
Then your pop up notice should go away. Don't worry about loosing the update. You can always get it later in the future. If in the future you get the pop up again, then that means Apple has again downloaded it to your phone or iPad without your permission. Simply do the above all over again to delete it and get rid of the new pop up. This is the only way to get rid of the pop up without installing it.

Oct 27, 2015 1:44 PM in response to Pitboy64

Thank you! That nagging was getting really annoying. I'd unlock my phone to do something really quickly, and I'd have to say "no" twice to get past the "reminder," and there wasn't any option for "Don't remind me again – I'm perfectly capable of updating when I want to." Apple's getting really pushy with updates lately, and I don't appreciate it.

How to Turn off iOS 9 Update Notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.