Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring deleted mail

Hundreds of emails were accidentally deleted from my computer and I am having difficult restoring them. They all appear in a Time Machine Backup and I retired this IMAP folder to the desktop. I can see the individual files in this desktop folder but copying individual files over to my the equivalent folders in my Libray does not make the files appear in the Mail app. I have restarted and rebuilt preferences - is there something else I need to do? Thanks

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2.7ghz i5

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 5:01 AM

2 replies

Oct 13, 2015 8:21 AM in response to Eric Root

Thanks Eric.

I have two missing mail boxes/accounts. I copied both from the Time Machine backup to the desktop. I imported one account, copied the messages to the current inbox - all fine - great, thanks

The second mailbox refuses to import. I select ****.mbox and it returns a message 'no relevant files found.

'. Have tried this several times with same result. Can I simply copy the files from my desktop to the ~/Library/Mail/*** folder and then rebuild and/or reindex, or will this kill my current emails?

restoring deleted mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.