Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do I have 3 different GB apps in my applications. Should they all not be merged into one app? Can this be rectified.

For some strange reason have 3 versions of Garage band in my applications folder. I have to open them separately and the information that they contain is isolated by application. They used to all be together, when I opened the latest version of GB, and they would work together. This has changed recently, ever since I tried to get a midi instrument to hook up to GB.

Has something changed in Maverick or do I have an issue with GB.

Why all of a sudden do I have all these problems with my Mac?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2.66 GHZ InT CO 2 DUO

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 2:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 3:51 AM

For some strange reason have 3 versions of Garage band in my applications folder.

What are the version numbers of these GarageBand versions?

If you upgraded to GarageBand 10, the installer left GarageBand 6.0.5 installed, because the new version f GarageBAnd is a very different application. You may want to keep and use both versions. The newest version does not support podcasts, for example or to create custom sampler instruments buy dragging samples onto the keys of a sound effect instrument.

But I have no idea why you are having a third version. So, which versions do you have? You can see the version number in the Info panel, if you select the icon of the application and press the key combination ⌘I .

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 3:51 AM in response to Dwightman

For some strange reason have 3 versions of Garage band in my applications folder.

What are the version numbers of these GarageBand versions?

If you upgraded to GarageBand 10, the installer left GarageBand 6.0.5 installed, because the new version f GarageBAnd is a very different application. You may want to keep and use both versions. The newest version does not support podcasts, for example or to create custom sampler instruments buy dragging samples onto the keys of a sound effect instrument.

But I have no idea why you are having a third version. So, which versions do you have? You can see the version number in the Info panel, if you select the icon of the application and press the key combination ⌘I .

User uploaded file

Why do I have 3 different GB apps in my applications. Should they all not be merged into one app? Can this be rectified.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.