Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist, and why is everyone trying to uninstall it?

What is org.macosforge.xquartz.startx.plist, and why is everyone trying to uninstall it?

El Capitan

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 3:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 10:40 AM

This is the most concise description of the project: XQuartz

Only those who have deliberately installed it will have XQuartz on their system, they will want to remove it because they don't know what its for or how to use it.

2 replies

Oct 10, 2015 10:48 AM in response to RichardMascio

I thought I was installing x-Code and I got X11. I don't know what to do with it ..YET, so I guess the best thing would be to uninstall but can't. How do I do it? I try to use the HELP files but there are none to be found and since I upgraded to El Capitan the help screen has collapsed to about a four inch wide column and cannot be resized or dragged bigger.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.