Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

purchased app using wrong account - can I transfer it to my correct account?

Hello,

In my family (2 parents, 3 kids) we have one "master" iCloud account we use to purchase apps, movies, etc for the family to share. In addition, each of us has his/her own personal iCloud account. I just purchased an app for $30 for the family to share, but accidentally used my own personal iCloud account. Is there any way to transfer this purchase to our family master iCloud account? If not, is there a way to get a refund on this purchase (just made minutes ago), and then re-purchase it using the family master iCloud account? Thank you!

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 5:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:59 AM

Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another Apple ID.

Use the Report a Problem in the receipt that you should receive in the next 24 hours to explain your problem and make your request.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 10, 2015 7:59 AM in response to ThankGod!

Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another Apple ID.

Use the Report a Problem in the receipt that you should receive in the next 24 hours to explain your problem and make your request.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

purchased app using wrong account - can I transfer it to my correct account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.