Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s camera shutter sound not working. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

I have just bought an iPhone 6S from an Apple Store here in Italy. I have noticed that when I take a photo I cannot hear the shutter sound that I usually hear while I am taking a picture on an iOS device. There is no sound at all. I have checked and it has nothing to do with the silent button.

Shall I update to iOS 9.0.2?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.0.1

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 5:01 AM

9 replies

Nov 6, 2015 10:55 AM in response to marco1296

Hello, I have a 128 Gb iPhone 6s since 2 days (iOS 9.1) and noticed this issue: live photo is not the final solution.

It won't be sufficient because the shutter sound (and the record for video too) is connected with "Media" sounds volume.

Just pull up th window from the bottom and move the "Music" volume: you will change the camera sound too.

I think it is a bug, because it's not so intelligent...

iPhone 6s camera shutter sound not working. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.