Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS9

I previously updated to iOS 9 on my iPhone 6. It developed a bug where when I received a message it appeared with only the number and not the contact name. Once the message was opened it shown the contact name. I did all the suggestions from Apple but no fix worked. So I downgraded back to iOS 8. Since then there has been two updates out since to 9.02. Would it be worthwhile updating to this or do we think il still get the message issue if i update?

Any help would be appreciated.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 4:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 5:33 AM

I'd like to know how you reverted back to iOS8.

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 4:01 PM in response to Twitchin Kitten

I Managed to google a way how to do it. But i am now sceptical whether to update to iOS 9 as Apple only allow a signed version of iOS 8 to go back to and only for a certain amount of time apparently. And i have read that they are no longer signing the version to go back to iOS 8. That's why I ain't updated yet as I don't think we can go back to iOS 8 now. Not 100% about that but that's what I've read.

iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.