Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I go back to iOS 8k

IiOS 9 on my 32 g iPad mini is so slow that it's effectively rendered it useless. I want to roll back to iOS 8. Is it possible

cheers

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:05 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 12:54 PM in response to Terry2301

Downgrading the iOS version is not supported by Apple.

What have you tried to see if they improve things ? Have you tried :

- closing apps via the iPad's taskbar

- if having problems with Safari then clearing its history and data via Settings > Safari

- soft-reset (i.e. a reboot) : press and hold both the sleep and home buttons for about 10 to 15 seconds (ignore the red slider), after which the Apple logo should appear and it should reboot.

- backing up (and copying any purchases over to your computer's iTunes library via File > Devices > Transfer Purchases) and restoring. With iOS9 apps won't copy back from a device, so any new apps or updated apps that you have on your iPad you will need to redownload on your computer's iTunes prior to restoring

- adjusting settings e.g. turning 'reduce motion' on (Settings > General > Accessibility), turning off 'background app refresh (Settings > General), turn off multitasking gestures (Settings > General)

- resetting back to factory defaults (after copying off purchases and any documents, photos etc that you want to keep) and then resyncing

How do I go back to iOS 8k

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.