Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete all photos on iphone for more space

i have a 16 gb iphone 5s running ios 8 with very little space left because my photos and videos are taking up space. stop me if you're heard this before.

what's different in my case is that i prefer google photos which stores my photos in the cloud and automatically syncs photos to ipad and PC. so i don't care for icloud photos. i'd be happy to delete everything on icloud.

i already disabled icloud sync on all my devices well over a month ago. the photos are still there to take up space and every time i charge the phone i get a notifiation saying back up failed because i don't have enough icloud storage. i don't need nor want more icloud space. i don't want to upgrade to ios 9 and brick a perfectly functional phone.

any solutions?

iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 7:21 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 8:04 AM in response to mediamanish

ok, it took me 20 minutes but i manually deleted everything on my iphone and ipad. that was a lot of finger pecking. i have kept icoud photo library disabled. everything is synced automatically by google photos to all my devices. if there's ever a hiccup with google's syncing - any future photos taken will still be on my iphone / ipad. this is the best i could think of.

how to delete all photos on iphone for more space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.