Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

duplicate playlists

Anytime I make a change in a playlist, iTunes creates a new playlist with the change, and keeps a copy of the original. I always make the change in iTunes on my computer and sync it. I do not use the cloud. I have never experienced this before and it is becoming a problem...as I make changes to several playlists almost daily!!! How do I prevent this from happening?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:49 AM

2 replies

Oct 10, 2015 9:09 AM in response to Nikkole212

Nikkole212 wrote:

Anytime I make a change in a playlist, iTunes creates a new playlist with the change, and keeps a copy of the original. I always make the change in iTunes on my computer and sync it. I do not use the cloud. I have never experienced this before and it is becoming a problem...as I make changes to several playlists almost daily!!! How do I prevent this from happening?

Smart Playlists? Or the regular "drag-n-drop" type?

I tried removing a song from a "regular" playlist and see no duplication, also no duplicates with the smart playlists.

Perhaps the issue is really with your iTunes Library. Have you made any changes to your computer's login account recently? Library permissions jump to mind.

duplicate playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.