Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Had look at Motion5 section. Expect ?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Well the issue that's now presented itself is with Motion 5.2.2 as shown above.

Primarily with the frame/time pane on the tool bar. Namely it no longer shows either frame number nor Time~ HH:MM:SS:FF

I've tried all the button options, finding that whilst the SHOW Choices {frame or time} does allow for click BUT will still not actually show THE NUMBERS.

Been through all Preference options trying all possible clickable positions... but no luck

Read through ALL the HELP manual........nice description on what it's supposed to do... but not...... on how to get Apple to answer for it, other than via you of course.

SO !

Towards helping you to help me with that problem, i tried a little out the box thinking and deleted the app from my system ( with CleanMyMac ) and then went to Time Machine and restored an easier version, and any before yesterday didn't have this problem, so one of those versions. BUT~ still... no numbers showing in the Timing display window.

Would a 2nd deletion and a re/ download from the App store again work, don't know... can one do that ?

Motion 5, OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:13 AM

2 replies

Oct 11, 2015 8:44 AM in response to Apple E ed

CleanMyMac will cause major issues, never use it, it is horrible, IMHO.

Can you provide a screen shot?

I'd not upgrade to El Capitan, the pro apps are not ready for it and have buggy issues. Any backup you can use to roll back to Yosemite?

Try launching Motion while holding both the Option and Command keys. In the resulting dialog box, choose to delete preference files. See if that helps.

Oct 11, 2015 10:09 AM in response to BenB

User uploaded file

Hello BenB,

Thanks for responding,

CleanMY Mac, had it for 5yrs, never had a problem.... until now. BuT~ i don't know if it's caused this fault, don't think so, but NOW~ that you've raised that ISSUE... what do you use ?
For any others that LOOK @this... Love to Chair 'here' a discussion on it, STARTING~ with you.

Screen Shot ! Well, i've also been considering the Pro's and con's of that. Screen shot verses Screen cast. In this case I think a screen shot will suffice , But there have been moments when a casting would be better, for all concerned..... i think. WHAT ABOUT YOU ?

It's main problem being, besides any trend to get lippy, is the need to A} post it somewhere, once cast. I don't want them clogging my youTube space, nor once cast do i want them clogging my hard drive... in order for them to be referenced.

DO you think APPLE will consider hosting said casts here ?

Upgrades, Up till now i've done so with ever one and no problems, although I've no idea if they've slowed my system, it's always seemed slow anyway, i've put it down to an 2008 mac, AND STOOD~ amazed at the fact that APPLE has allowed me to get this far, before telling me i need a new Mac.

Did get a ' system not up to much 3D work ', so try to keep it simple.

AS for going back to Yosemite, Well as i said APPLE's been good to me so far, AND apps not keeping up, needs idiots like me to show just how annoying that is

AND~ this forum..... should really know that.... AND PLEASE CONSIDER.... * A screen casting * space. Help all concerned I would've thought.

So~ I'll try the Command/option method, DID you mean Hold both down WHILST clicking 'open Motion' with 3rd finger ?

Regards LLOYD

Hope that's not to much, but someone once said * think out the box * and I've always found that difficult..... when 1 Box, so can so rapidly degrade into 3,4,5,or more.

Had look at Motion5 section. Expect ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.