Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

For the last couple updates I have been unable to set up Touch ID it says Failed, cannot set up Touch ID go back try again..this have been going on for months. I have tried the whole hold down power and menu button phone reset..it didn't help

why has my Touch ID not worked since last few updates?

set up says failed try again..

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:12 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 8:29 AM in response to Dragnfly45

By "hold down power and menu button phone reset" do you mean an actual reset of the iPhone like this:

Press and hold both the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button continuously until the Apple logo appears. Then release the button and let the device restart. You will not lose data doing this. It's like a computer reboot.

It could be you have a hardware failure with the Touch ID scanner. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have a technician examine your device. Or contact Apple Support.

For the last couple updates I have been unable to set up Touch ID it says Failed, cannot set up Touch ID go back try again..this have been going on for months. I have tried the whole hold down power and menu button phone reset..it didn't help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.