Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

wired keyboard and wireless mouse lock up

I have a wired keyboard and wireless mouse. Randomly, a window pops up saying, searching for wireless keyboard. Because I don't have a wireless keyboard, it is always searching. I cannot use my mouse our keyboard, they are completely locked up. I have to shut down the computer completely by holding in the power button, I know this must be bad...but this happens all the time. (daily)

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5), wired keyboard, wireless mouse

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:22 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 9:47 AM in response to tinafromnewport news

I am having a similar issue. Also using a wireless mouse, and USB wired keyboard. There is another Mac in my house using a wireless keyboard but I have removed the batteries from it, yet my bluetooth is still searching for and finding/connecting to a wireless keyboard. Whatever keyboard it is talking to is not working - it is like a key is frozen and it just keeps repeating the same keystroke over and over and over. Of course I am unable to use my plugged in keyboard. McAfee Tech Support who has been trying to help me for 4 days, took over remote control of my computer, and even with my keyboard and mouse disconnected, he cannot use a keyboard either. He has finally concluded I have corrupted keyboard software and that I need to contact Apple about reinstalling it.

Do I have to reinstall my entire operating system? Can I reinstall just the keyboard software? How do I go about this when I cannot use a keyboard or enter keystrokes because of the issue???

wired keyboard and wireless mouse lock up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.