Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i have a new mac mini that came with yosemite. the mac app store wants to update iPhoto but it was never on the computer. how do i get rid of the persistent request to update iPhoto?

i have a new mac mini that came with yosemite. the mac app store wants to update iPhoto but it was never on the computer. how do i get rid of the persistent request to update iPhoto?

OS X El Capitan (10.11)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:05 AM

Are you sure that iPhoto isn't in the Apps folder? You aren't usually alerted to updates for apps that aren't installed. Look for the iPhoto app or a folder labeled iLife.

Late 2012 Mac mini, OS X El Capitan 10.11; Apple Watch, 38 mm silver AL, Watch OS 2; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 6+, iOS 9.0.2

4 replies

Oct 17, 2015 6:58 AM in response to Dah•veed

Thanks! I had iPhoto when I first got my iPhone, and it kept showing as an update, but I was unable to to update (Photos took its place) but wasn't finding an easy, intuitive way to remove from notification.

I'm back on a Mac, after many years, and relearning (and learning new) ways to use it. This was quick and efficient. Especially since the Finder Window comes up with the list of folders to the left, and Applications is on that list!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.