Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Faulty Supplies by Apple

I have been given a faulty device in US - Apple store in India is not replacing it - please look into it or have someone in your team look into it. I want that device be replaced in India. Details below.

I had passionately secured an Apple Iphone 4S from US through one of acquaintance way back in July 2012 (as it was not easily available in India then). It worked fine till April 2015 and suddenly stopped working one fine day. On contacting India Apple Care Centre (case id - 775704346), I was told that as the phone was bought from US, the phone could be serviced/ repaired/ replaced only in US. After lot of persuasion and hard efforts, I could manage to send the phone along with one of my friends to US so that she could get the same repaired/replaced. On 20 June'2015 she got it replaced from Easton Town Center, Ohio after paying 214 USD and shipped to India in September 2nd Week. When I was installing the phone on 21 Sep 15 in Pune, I realised that the Wifi of the phone was not working. I called

the Apple Care Centre (case id - 943074361) in India and did all what was guided to do, only to realise that there is a Hardware Problem with the Phone and that the Wifi facility could not be working until the phone is shipped to US. I was going through the same trauma again as I wnet through in April 15, saying that the Phone being bought from US can be repaired/replaced only in US.

Apple has sold a defective piece to me, without conducting the basic quality checks, whether all Hardware of the product were working or not before shipping it to the Apple Centres for selling.

I have submitted all the possible facts to Apple Customer Care Executive in India, which demontrates the gross negligence on part of Apple by selling a defective product and added to that being rigid on customer service and engagement. The treatment and responses given by Apple executives is rude. Customer complaints are not being addressed in appropriate manner. In fact there is effort for improving customer experience and dissatisfaction.

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:52 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 10:09 AM in response to Sonal Parakh

The warranty on the iPhone has NEVER, EVER been international. It is only valid in the country of purchase. You are aware of that now.

As we're users here just like you, just what did you think we could do for you? This is what happens when you purchase an iPhone in a country separate from the one in which you intend to use the phone. Next time, purchase a phone in India.

Faulty Supplies by Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.