Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After changing wireless keyboard batteries, blank blue screen.

After changing wireless keyboard batteries, I have a blank blue screen. The desktop is gone. How can I restore screen display?

Wireless Keyboard/iMac-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:02 AM

16 replies

Oct 10, 2015 2:57 PM in response to seventy one

We don't think is the keyboard. We think a button on the keyboard was held down while changing the new, quality batteries. When it first opens, it is a blank blue screen and if we press the F12 or F11 or click mouse, sometimes it opens iTunes. It seems to vary each time. Still, there is no menu bar, just the iTunes menu. If we click within the iTunes window, the menu comes up at the top of the screen and the Apple icon shows on the far left. When we can get to the Apple icon at top left and through Recently Opened, System Preferences or About this Mac, we seem to be going through a workable back door, but it is inconsistent. Also, we can get into some settings but can't change them. (We used Energizer batteries.)

Oct 10, 2015 3:08 PM in response to @1979

I have to ask the obvious to determine if it is the keyboard. Has it been exposed to dampness or a liquid spillage?

The F11 and F12 keys are only related to iTunes for sound purposes. Energiser batteries should be fine but you need to test the keyboard with a different computer to see if the problems are consistent. You say you don't think it is the keyboard, but all the problems point to it. And you still haven't answered if there is a steady green light or there was any sign of corrosion from the previous batteries..

Oct 10, 2015 4:23 PM in response to Loner T

The previous batteries did not leak inside the keyboard. I don't think it was exposed to liquid, as my fastidious DH uses the computer exclusively. I will find a way to test the keyboard, but I can't today. DH says here is no steady green light. If you have no further possibilities, I will take it to Apple and try to let you know what it was. So very odd.

After changing wireless keyboard batteries, blank blue screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.