Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I backup iOS applications using iTunes ?

I want to backup my iPhone on windows PC and also want to backup all the iPhone apps on windows PC using iTunes.

I had backed it up before and it had asked me whether to backup the applications but now I'm not able to update any applications on my Windows PC.

Can u suggest me a solution with the help of which I can get a full backup of my iPhone with the data as well as the applications !

iPhone 6, iOS 9.0.2

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:32 AM

1 reply

Oct 10, 2015 8:37 AM in response to SidMahajani_

With the introduction of iOS 9 and iTunes 12.3 apps are no longer transferred into iTunes when backing up. App thinning allows each device to download only the code and resources needed by that device. I suspect Apple will make some changes to the way this works, but in the meantime you can download past purchases from iTunes and/or enable automatic downloads of app purchases to make sure iTunes always has the apps that you want on your device. As long as you make sure all apps are present and updated in iTunes before attempting a restore there should be no loss of data.

tt2

How do I backup iOS applications using iTunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.