Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphoto event accidentally merge and cannot restore

I have always manually created events in iPhoto and it have worked well for years. But recently after I uploaded a big batch of photos in, it suddenly merge all events into 2 events (1 with very few photos and all other combined into 1 'event').

I have backups from time machine. When I browsed my backup, I did see earlier version contains the 'correct events' I created, so I tried to restore to an old version, but all it did was restored some old photos that I once put in but deleted, I still GOT ALL THE EVENTS COMBINED after the restore...

Can anyone tell me how I can get back the events I created? I thought restore can also get back the events but it is not the case?

Thank you very much.

iPhoto version: iPhoto 11' version 9.2.3 (629.52)

Mac version: Mac OS X Version 10.6.8

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 8:39 AM

3 replies

Oct 10, 2015 8:30 PM in response to sunnseea

When you restore from Time Machine, you can ctrl-click or right-click the item you want to restore and select "Restore to...". Then you can select to restore to a different folder or drive.

User uploaded file

Instead of restoring an older version, you could try to use "Auto Split" on the very large event to break it down into smaller events.But that will not recover your event names.

iphoto event accidentally merge and cannot restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.