Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPad always tell me I have no sim?

I do not have a sim installed and my iPad frequently reminds me that I don't even when connected to wifi. Any way to remove the reminder?

iPad, iOS 6.1

Posted on Oct 10, 2015 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2015 7:32 AM

Hi Oakbayguy,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! If you are planning to use your iPad without a SIM card but keep receiving No SIM messages, you may want to try turning on Airplane Mode, then individually turning WiFi and Bluetooth back on as outlined in the following article:

Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 12, 2015 7:32 AM in response to Oakbayguy

Hi Oakbayguy,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! If you are planning to use your iPad without a SIM card but keep receiving No SIM messages, you may want to try turning on Airplane Mode, then individually turning WiFi and Bluetooth back on as outlined in the following article:

Use Airplane Mode on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Cheers

Oct 12, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Oakbayguy

At startup the message will appear but you can remove it from showing in the top left corner by turning cellular data off. On my iPad 2, I found an inactive sim, placed it in my iPad & then was able to turn off cellular data. If you have a later model iPad with Siri, you can simply tell her to turn off cellular data.

Why does my iPad always tell me I have no sim?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.